Today a friend from the UK asked if, 4 weeks in, we’re anywhere near settled in Vancouver yet.
The answer, to paraphrase another friend, is ‘meh’.
Today we’re rocking. Yesterday I wasn’t.
Meh means no because…
– Sprog 1 started school only yesterday. He thinks it’s great because they do no work. *rumble* That is the sound of reality approaching.
– The UK taxman can’t figure us out yet.
– I still get a bit confused by time zones.
Meh means yes because:
– Meh can mean Mountain Equipment Helps. Our first visit to this outdoor Canadian icon made me feel much better
– We had a great time with our first visitor at the weekend. We did get lost though
– I have realised that riding a bike with 1 gear up to Lynn Valley every day is quite tiring. So I’m writing this from the bus, to which my bike is attached. Lovely stuff. And a lovely view 🙂